2020. What the future holds?
I’m Dawid Wnukowski. Entrepreneur. Mobile indie developer. Flutter freelancer.
This post is about me, my current situation and plans for 2020.
Last year I quitted my day job to focus on building my own apps and games. Earn living with apps isn’t that easy so I decided to find a part-time freelance job. It was a great experience! I had the pleasure to work with amazing developers. But still, I needed more time and… energy. I do a lot of things and maybe this is the problem but I would like to keep it that way. So here, almost one year later, in coronavirus times, I put back my main source of revenue and I’m looking forward to what future I’ll build for me and my family.
Next 7 days
In short – I want to finish some last tasks in the current contract. I want to say goodbye to the great people that I met. Then… I want to rest, 2-3 days. Spending time with my wife and playing games probably. I really need it.
Here I want to point, what will be my focus for at least the next half year.
- I’ll finish creating a programming course. From some time already I’m slowly writing scripts for the Dart course. Dart is used by Flutter – excellent ‚Google’s UI toolkit’ for building (mostly) mobile apps. It will be available in the Polish language only at the beginning at least. I should be able to finish it in two months, but I’ll probably need more time to grow my brand a bit, first.
- (Finally!) I’ll develop the next mobile apps and (maybe) games. I’m so much better as a developer now. In April I’ll mostly focus on generating ideas. I also need to decide if I want to build a small app every month or rather build a bit bigger, more polished app.
- I still have another side freelance project to do. The good thing is that it shouldn’t be very time-consuming. I plan to spend between 40-60h per month.
- Social media. Yes! That’s very important for me to learn how to build the brand. I already have own websites/blogs: (ENG) https://dawidwnukowski.com and (PL) https://dawidwnukowski.pl. I definitely need to rebuild the ENG version of the site.
- Learn Japanese. My wife is crazy about Japan, we planned to make out first abroad trip ever (yes, to Japan) this year, but guess what? … *!&#. I’ll be lucky if I reclaim money spent on tickets and Airbnb… If not then the trip won’t happen in near few years… I’m a very optimistic and happy person but this virus… really destroyed something inside me.
- Streaming. I love the games. I already started streaming from PS4, smartphone, and PC.
- I want to go deeper into the cryptocurrency world. Over 2 years ago I started to be interested in the cryptocurrency world. I even invested a bit and almost earned something, but I was stupid enough to keep everything in a stock exchange. Well, it went very badly. But now I want to learn about cryptocurrencies more. Bitcoin, Eos, Hive (Steem).
- I’ll work on my work-life balance and rest more.
This is only a beginning.
I hope I’ll now find enough time for those things.
I hope that I’ll build my brand and awareness on the web.
I hope that I’ll be able to earn living from my products soon.
I hope that me and my wife… will finally visit Japan.